I apparently did not charge my camera battery the other day and so I have no photographic evidence of what I brought to our Thanksgiving feast today. It's a tasty dish that I first discovered here and has become a staple of sorts at holiday meals when I'm asked to bring a dish. If you've never had browned butter anything, you must try this recipe. Aside from on-the-cob, corn has never tasted so good.
Some of the things I love about this recipe... You can make it with fresh, frozen, or canned corn. (Fresh is best, of course, then frozen, then canned.) You can also make it with fresh or dried thyme (opt for fresh if you can find it -- the aroma is unbelievable). I always forget about the parsley, but it still tastes good. It doubles/triples/quadruples/whatever with just the slightest increase in cooking time. It saves well and tastes great reheated. And, AND ... it goes with just about anything -- turkey/potatoes/stuffing, grilled fish tacos, steak, whatever!
It's too late to try it for this year's Thanksgiving, of course, but consider it for Christmas or anytime in between.
No comments:
Post a Comment